Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Stratification - Bur Oak

Stratification - Bur Oak

I wanted to try and start from scratch with an Oak tree.  I've never tried stratify seeds before, and am eager to see the end result.  In this particular case, I choose the acorns from a tree that was planted near my office.  Most of the Oak trees around my office area have been planted with the last two years. Below are some pictures of the process I took, and then the tree that I choose the acorns from.  All the acorns passed the float test.

These were put into the refrigerator on 10.03-2015.




Amount of peat moss per bag ( One Plastic Solo Cup ).


The amount of water I used per bag.








There are two acorns per the first two bags, and one acorn in the last bag.







The Bur Oak Tree, I choose the acorns from. 
( The tree was not in the best of shape, but then, most of the trees planted around our office aren't fairing to incredibly well ).

















No comments:

Post a Comment